Wednesday, 9 January 2013

The Sixteen Days of Christmas Vacay






In honour of the blissfully relaxing, cozy-homey warm fuzzy family staycation our family has had over the last two weeks...







(To the tune of "The Twelve Days of Christmas")

On the first day of Christmas my true love said to me:
"I'm taking vacation, no more work for me; a two-week holiday home with the family!"

On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
two last-minute shopping trips and a two-week holiday home with the family

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
three batches of Christmas baking, two last-minute shopping trips and a two-week holiday home with the family.

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
four dinners with relatives, three batches of Christmas baking, two last-minute shopping trips and a two-week holiday home with the family.

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
five overstuffed stockings, four dinners with relatives, three batches of Christmas baking, two last-minute shopping trips and a two-week holiday home with the family.

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
sis tons of gift-wrapped toys, five overstuffed stockings, four dinners with relatives, three batches of Christmas baking, two last-minute shopping trips and a two-week holiday home with the family.

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
seven hours playing in boxes, six tons of gift-wrapped toys, five overstuffed stockings, four dinners with relatives, three batches of Christmas baking, two last-minute shopping trips and a two-week holiday home with the family.

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
eight days skating at the pond, seven hours playing in boxes, six tons of gift-wrapped toys, five overstuffed stockings, four dinners with relatives, three batches of Christmas baking, two last-minute shopping trips and a two-week holiday home with the family.

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
nine days sledding at the park, eight days skating at the pond, seven hours playing in boxes, six tons of gift-wrapped toys, five overstuffed stockings, four dinners with relatives, three batches of Christmas baking, two last-minute shopping trips and a two-week holiday home with the family.

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
ten snowforts in the front yard, nine days sledding at the park, eight days skating at the pond, seven hours playing in boxes, six tons of gift-wrapped toys, five overstuffed stockings, four dinners with relatives, three batches of Christmas baking, two last-minute shopping trips and a two-week holiday home with the family.

On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
eleven storytimes by the fre, ten snowforts in the front yard, nine days sledding at the park, eight days skating at the pond, seven hours playing in boxes, six tons of gift-wrapped toys, five overstuffed stockings, four dinners with relatives, three batches of Christmas baking, two last-minute shopping trips and a two-week holiday home with the family.

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
twelve pillow forts in the living room, eleven storytimes by the fire, ten snowforts in the front yard, nine days sledding at the park, eight days skating at the pond, seven hours playing in boxes, six tons of gift-wrapped toys, five overstuffed stockings, four dinners with relatives, three batches of Christmas baking, two last-minute shopping trips and a two-week holiday home with the family.

On the thirteenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
thirteen morning board games, twelve pillow forts in the living room, eleven storytimes by the fire, ten snowforts in the front yard, nine days sledding at the park, eight days skating at the pond, seven hours playing in boxes, six tons of gift-wrapped toys, five overstuffed stockings, four dinners with relatives, three batches of Christmas baking, two last-minute shopping trips and a two-week holiday home with the family.

On the fourteenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
fourteen family movie nights, thirteen morning board games, twelve pillow forts in the living room, eleven storytimes by the fire, ten snowforts in the front yard, nine days sledding at the park, eight days skating at the pond, seven hours playing in boxes, six tons of gift-wrapped toys, five overstuffed stockings, four dinners with relatives, three batches of Christmas baking, two last-minute shopping trips and a two-week holiday home with the family.

On the fifteenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
fifteen all-day jammie days, fourteen family movie nights, thirteen morning board games, twelve pillow forts in the living room, eleven storytimes by the fire, ten snowforts in the front yard, nine days sledding at the park, eight days skating at the pond, seven hours playing in boxes, six tons of gift-wrapped toys, five overstuffed stockings, four dinners with relatives, three batches of Christmas baking, two last-minute shopping trips and a two-week holiday home with the family.


On the sixteenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
sixteen days of special family memories.


You might also like...
Grumpy Mommy's version of "The Sixteen Days of Christmas"
Fun, free things to do with the kids
Our festive family tree