Thursday, 1 August 2013

little townhome love is one

It's been one year since I began to write this little Mommy blog. It began as a hobby, a way to start writing again - something I hadn't had a spare second for since my boys were born - an outlet for my rants and ramblings and opinions, and a way to connect with other moms and add my two cents to the vast pool of parenting ideas we all dip into.

I'm so proud of what my little blog has become. It's so exciting to log on every day and see that I've had hundreds of hits that day, not just from North America and the United Kingdom but from places like Singapore and Lithuania and the Netherlands, that other bloggers have linked to my posts or repinned my photos and ideas or requested I write a guest post for their site.

A few months ago Google added ads to my site, turning a little hobby blog into a tiny income for this at-home mom. And just this week I was offered a regular staff writing post for an online magazine. It's not going to make me famous or earn enough to pay the bills. But it makes me happy that anyone thinks this little something I'm putting out there into the world has value of any sort.

So happy first birthday, little townhome love. I can't wait to see what happens with you in the next year!


You might also like...
My little townhome love!
Making Memories
Living on less - how to prioritize
Stay-at-home vs. working moms
Spring Break family vacay
Kids in sport: how active is too active?
Can boys play with girls' toys?
Bringing art to life (a special stuffy for my special boy)

8 comments:

  1. Happy Bloggiversary! I absolutely adore your blog. Can't wait to see what year #2 will bring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sort of topics will you be writing about for this online magazine? Just stumpled upon your blog the other week and have been enjoying reading your posts. Would love to be able to read more of your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you thank-you, that's so nice to hear! I'm writing about the same sort of thing - parenting issues and ideas and family life in general. It's so great to hear that people like to read what I'm writing. Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome! What magazine are you writing for? I would love to be able to follow more of your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the people above. great blog. what magazine are you writing for and will you let those that read your blog know when you have written something for it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank-you! Life has gotten in the way lately but I will keep readers posted when I write anything elsewhere. And again, thank-you for the support - I can't tell you how much I love hearing that people are actually reading, following and enjoying my posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete