Monday, 4 November 2013

Christmas decorating ideas


Red and gold Christmas decor
Photo: iamdecordiva.blogspot.ca

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

There's no time of year more comfy-cozy, warm-and-fuzzy, happy-homey and all about family than Christmas. I love Christmas. I love everything about Christmas. I love Christmas music, I love Christmas decorations, I love Christmas lights, I love Christmas movies, I love Christmas commercials on TV and ads in stores. I love the Christmas season.



Christmas decorating
Fill glass bowls with ornaments

Although my general design sense is fairly minimal, uncluttered and contemporary, I am of the "more is more" school of thought when it comes to Christmas decorating. You can't have too many wreaths or urns of seasonal greens, you can't have too much draping garland, you can't have too many twinkly white lights, you can't have too many richly red and glittery gold ornaments spilling out of bowls and vases or dangling from branches.


I prefer more traditional Christmas decor - a red and green and gold colour scheme with lots of natural greens and strands of white lights. But I love to find new ideas for interpreting old favourites around the house. Here are some of my favourite finds for this year:
Christmas decorations
Pinecone Christmas trees
Photo: bumimmusese.blogspot.ca
Christmas urn, Christmas decorations
Grapevine ball with mini white lights
Photo: restyledhome.blogspot.ca
You might also like...

No comments:

Post a Comment