Friday, 10 January 2014

The Way to a Man's Heart...(Bacon!)

Bacon Rose


Men love bacon.
Almost all men, in my experience.
Bacon is to men as chocolate is to women.











Picture of Bacon Roses
Inspiration Bacon Roses
Photo: instructables.com


So for my husband's birthday this weekend I thought I'd try my hand at these bacon roses I saw on instructables - one of the most brilliantly creative food projects I've ever seen.


I changed the method a fair bit from the original post because I am a big fan of using what you have on hand for cooking, crafting and diy projects.




Bacon Rose Bouquet

Here's how I made my husband's 
birthday bacon bouquet:

Bacon roses, littletownhomelove.blogspot.ca
Rolled Bacon Strips
1. Roll bacon strips tightly and tie securely with thread.

2. Place wrapped bacon upright on rack atop roasting pan (roses cannot rest in bacon grease or they will not cook or crisp properly.)

3. Bake at 375F for 20-30 minutes (roses should not be soft but should not be so crisp that they will crumble when stem is inserted.)

Bacon roses, littletownhomelove.blogspot.ca
Cooked Bacon Rose

4. Allow bacon roses to cool completely. Remove thread.

5. Cut flowers off stems of plastic craft flowers and wash stems thoroughly.

6. Slide bacon roses onto craft stems, arrange in vase, and watch your man lose his mind over the bacony awesomeness.

Bacon rose bouquet, littletownhomelove.blogspot.caBacon rose bouquet, littletownhomelove.blogspot.ca 

Bacon Rose Bouquet

You might also like...

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea! I'm going to try these for hubby for Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, amazing! I wish I had the time/energy/creativity to try something like this!

    ReplyDelete