Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Back-to-School

My babies have gone back to school.

I know I'm supposed to be jumping for joy, dancing in the driveway as I gleefully wave good-bye, the refrain from Andy Williams' Most Wonderful Time of the Year swelling in my head before I sit back and sip at my morning coffee in serene silence. But...I'm not.

I miss my boys.

I love our summers at home together. I love our fun family field trips, the zoo and the botanical garden and the Ex, and I love our lazy days at home. I love bike riding through the neighbourhood and hiking in the ravine and playing at the park. I love playing in the sandbox and swimming in the pool and making murals with sidewalk chalk. I love picnicking and playing soccer and going to the splash pad. I love lounging around in jammies all morning and playing board games for hours and curling up together to read and watch movies. I love having my boys home.

And now they're back to school, another year older, another grade older, off to learn and grow a little more every day - and I miss them like crazy.


You might also like...

Days We Won't Ever Forget
Family Time (A day off with the kids)
Family Time (A day off with the kids)

No comments:

Post a Comment